The Ase theme has an integrated slideshow. You can add slides under Slides in the admin menu. You can activate this slideshow for the frontpage by going to Appearance > Theme options > Slideshow and check the “Show slideshow on frontpage” option.
You can connect sections to extend your page designs. We use the Posts 2 Posts plugin to connect sections to pages. Just activate the Posts 2 Posts plugin and you’re up and running. You get an extra metabox to connect sections to pages. There are a few steps you must follow.
- Add a new section under Sections in the admin menu.
- Select a template. You can select “Default” if you don’t want additional styling.
- Go the the page where you want to connect the section.
- Connect the section trough the “Connected Sections” metabox and save the page.
It’s easy to add buttons with the WYSIWYG editor. The Ase theme supports 3 different buttons which you can add trough the “Formats” dropdown. There are a few steps you must follow:
- Add a link with the default “Insert/edit link” icon.
- Select the link.
- Select Buttons > Button from the “Formats” list. This gives the button some default styling.
- Select Buttons > Button default to give the button some additional styling. You can choose from “Button default”, “Button primary” and “Button inversed”.
- You can add some extra styling by selected the other button classes like “Button small”, “Button large” or “Button blocked”.
The Ase theme uses some basic shortcodes. You can use:
- panel to create a panel.
- section to create a section.
- posts to show the latests posts.
- table to create a responsive table.