In this manual we’ll explain how to connect Ingenico with the Pronamic Pay plugin. So you can use Ingenico with your WordPress website.
Note: It is important you already have a contract/account with Ingenico before you start with your configuration.
Connect Ingenico with Pronamic Pay
Time needed: 15 minutes.
Step-by-step manual for connecting Ingenico with the Pronamic Pay plugin.
- Install the Pronamic Pay plugin
Install the Pronamic Pay plugin by following the ‘Getting started with Pronamic Pay‘ manual. After installing you are able to create an Ingenico configuration.
- Create your Ingenico configuration
Navigate to Pay » Configurations and create a new configuration. Give your configuration a title like “Ingenico – [Account ID]”.
- Select Ingenico as your payment provider
Select ‘Ingenico/Ogone – e-Commerce’ from the ‘Payment provider’ dropdown list and select ‘Test’ as Modus.
- Fill in your Ingenico credentials
After publishing the configuration, you need to fill in the following credentials:
– PSPID: can be found in your dashboard of Ingenico (at the bottom of each page).
– API user ID: these credentials can be found in your dashboard of Ingenico via Configuration » Users.
– API user password: these credentials can also be found in your dashboard of Ingenico via Configuration » Users.
– Hash algorithm: you can choose for SHA-512.
– SHA-IN Pass phrase: enter a random pass phrase, by using the following tool: https://www.random.org/passwords.
– SHA-OUT Pass phrase: enter a random pass phrase, by using the following tool: https://www.random.org/passwords.
- Save the configuration
After filling in the credentials you can save the configuration.
- Configure Ingenico dashboard
If the configuration in WordPress has been created, it’s also necessary to configure the Ingenico dashboard. Ingenico is using two different dashboards:
– A test dashboard, to test the configuration.
– A production dashboard, to receive payment on your website.
Note: be sure that the mode, chosen in step 3, corresponds to the dashboard of Ingenico. Use the test mode and the test dashboard to create and check the configuration. If the configuration works as expected, you can change the mode of the configuration to live and set the production dashboard.
- Enter global security parameters
In your Ingenico dashboard, navigate to Configuration » Technical information » Global security parameters and select or enter the following data:
– Hash algorithm: SHA-512.
– Character encoding: “Use the character encoding expected with the initial transaction request (depending on the URL called)”.
- Enter verification credentials
Navigate to Configuration » Technical information » Data and origin verification and enter the following credential below “Checks for e-Commerce”:
– SHA-IN pass phrase: enter the same SHA-IN pass phrase as chosen in step 3.
- Configure transaction feedback
Navigate to Configuration » Technical information » Transaction feedback and enter the following details:
HTTP redirection in the browser
– Select “I would like to receive transaction feedback parameters on the redirection URLs.”
Direct HTTP server-to-server request
– Select “Online but switch to a deferred request when the online requests fail.”
– Copy the URL’s, as mentioned in your configuration in WordPress below the tab “Feedback”, for the fields “If the payment’s status is ‘accepted’, ‘on hold’ or ‘uncertain'” and “If the payment’s status is ‘cancelled by the client’ or ‘too many rejections by the acquirer'”.
Security for request parameters
– Enter the same SHA-OUT pass phrase as chosen in step 3 of creating the configuration in your WordPress dashboard.
- Test the configuration
You can test the configuration by doing a test payment from the ‘Test’ meta box in the configuration. Fill in an amount (for example €10) and click ‘Test’. You will be redirected to Ingenico to do a test payment.
Connect Ingenico to WordPress e-commerce solutions
Congratulations, your configuration is successfully setup! You now can connect the Ingenico configuration with a supported e-commerce plugin. Please check the ‘Getting started with Pronamic Pay‘ manual for the available WordPress e-commerce plugins.
Connect Ingenico to WooCommerce
It is quite easy to connect Ingenico to your WoooCommerce shop. Please check our manual to add payment methods to WoooCommerce via Pronamic Pay.